I would like to announce the release of 2.2-RC1 (Release Candidate) of the OpenMobster Mobile Enterprise Backend (MBaaS).
- Location-Oriented Apps
- Support for Offline Apps
- iOS Sync Plugin for developing PhoneGap based offline/sync web apps on the iOS platform. Android was already supported in the previous release (2.2-M8)
- Push Infrastructure Performance Enhancements
- Internal Messaging Bus Infrastructure Performance Enhancements
- Sample App bug fixes. Sample Apps are the best way to learn to develop Apps on this platform
- Bug Fixes and other Enhancements: https://code.
google.com/p/openmobster/ issues/list?can=1&q=2.2-RC1& colspec=ID+Type+Status+ Priority+Milestone+Owner+ Summary&cells=tiles
- Making the system Production Quality. Fully Load Tested
Going Forward: Immediate focus
- The 2.2 branch is now feature complete. Only bug fixes will be added to this branch.
- The next branch 2.4 will now go into active development and innovation. Roadmap: https://code.google.com/p/
- Prototyping Clustering Support. We want to reach new heights in scalability by supporting a Clustered version of the Cloud Server in 2.4
- Prototyping BlackBerry Support. We want to add our next development platform to the mix. BlackBerry will be supported before Windows Phone 7 (Customer requests)